Friday, November 10, 2006

Good News and Bad News...


Mostly bad news.... I returned home from my business trip to find out the contractors screwed up a few key aspects of the pizza oven. To the left is how it looks from a distance... without knowing some of the details, you might think it was taking shape nicely. The stone work around the cinder block looks nice and the oven dome is set on top.... but the next blog post will highlight the problems.

One major problem was a MAJOR customer service issue with the contractor. I told the supervisor to be incredibly careful and to follow the instructions to the letter. I told them, before I left, that I was OK with them waiting to do the oven dome work, but they said they could handle it (they are an official dealer for Forno Bravo) and they've done many ovens in the Dallas area. I got home and saw the mistakes and called the owner of the contractor company. It was 5:30 PM on a Friday afternoon when I got home and found the mistakes, so I called him. He basically told me "let's talk about this during regular business hours" and he hung up on me.

I was so furious! That's such inexcusable customer service. I thought when you had your own business, particularly a service business, that you had to cater to your customers, especially when you've screwed up. It got worse from here.... until the next post.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails