Monday, December 18, 2006

Still Waiting on Stone

Still waiting.... my contractors have found a good match with the stone and they are waiting to get it from a quarry in west Texas somewhere. It should arrive early this week, so hopefully there will be some progress and new pictures later this week.

I was hoping to have the oven done by Thanksgiving, originally. Then, I was hoping to have it for Christmas... guess that's not necessarily going to happen. It's still possible it can be done and I can start doing my daily "curing" fires. I'll be home Dec 21 through Jan 2, so there will be some nice time at home to get the oven started off with increasingly larger fires (necessary to drive the moisture out of the oven and materials) before I can make a pizza.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails