Sunday, March 4, 2012

Pizzas I Made Today

Here are pictures of two pizzas I made today for a brunch gathering.

The first is a bit of a "breakfast pizza" in that it has olive oil, a bit of Swiss chard (which going going to be mainly used on the second pizza pictured below), some uncured applewood smoked bacon, mozzarella, a few dollops of tomato sauce and two eggs.

I was afraid the eggs were going to overcook, so I put them on after the pizza had been in the oven for a minute or so. I used egg rings to try to keep them in place (see the second photo, inside the oven). The eggs were still very runny when the pizza was done, so I wish I had put them on from the get go. The eggs continued cooking after taking the pizza out of the oven... the one was pretty runny, but it actually turned out OK. The runny yoke was something to mop up with the crust - yum! This was a hit.




The second pizza comes from this recipe for a Swiss chard and bacon pizza. This is a white pizza, with olive oil, chard, bacon, and fontina cheese (I added some mozz for the second one I made, pictured below). The chard was really piled up high, but then cooked down nicely in the oven (the chard was raw before the oven). 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails